If you looking to see if your teenager has decided to hide stuff from you or if you are suspecting there could be some sort of malware on your device, you might want to know what hidden apps are currently on your Apple device.
Hidden apps are hidden either by someone or something, so if you do find that your devices have hidden apps that you, yourself did not hide, it would be good to start exploring the problem so that it doesn’t happen again.
If you have had an app on your home screen, and you have deleted it from your home screen, you might need to find hidden apps yourself to place it back on your home screen.
- Step 1: Go to the App Store and tap the User Icon on the top-right-hand side of the screen.
- Step 2: Go to your Purchases, ensuring that all filters are selected. You can now see all the apps that have been downloaded onto your device. You can see if your app has a download icon if it is not installed, or an Open button if it is installed.
- Step 3: Once you have located any apps that you cannot see on your device, you can then note down the name.
- Step 4: Swipe right on your iPhone home screen until a screen with a search bar appears at the top of the window. You can then search for the specific app you want to see.
- Step 5: If you want this app to then appear on your phone, you can tap and hold the app, then drag it to the left to pull it out of the App Library and onto your home screen.
This should enable you to not only see all of the hidden apps on your device but also bring them back to your home screen where you can easily access them. If there are any apps downloaded that you do not want, it is worth uninstalling them and finding out how they got there, especially if they look malicious.
The fighting in Ukraine is causing families to flee their homes. Please give now to save lives and protect people in need. Donate today!
Keep the conversation going by heading over to our Facebook and Twitter pages. You can also find us on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Be sure to also check out our friends over on GameByte and Sporf.
Along with the latest games, merch, and accessories, the GameByte Shop has an epic Loyalty Points Scheme – earning you points for every £1 you spend. Sign up to hear about exclusive deals, PS5 console drops, and more!
Featured Image Credit: Apple